Dos and don’ts
To enjoy your time aboard Saila to the fullest, we have a few important tips for you:
- Saila is equipped with a kitchen (with refrigerator), a bathroom (with washbasin, shower and toilet) and hot and cold running water.
- Use soft bags for your luggage, hard cases are difficult to stow away. If it is not possible to use soft bags, you can put your belongings in the storage and leave your case ashore.
- Our life vests have a crotch strap which prevents the (automatically) inflated vest to slip over your head. Bring along clothes that are not blocking this crotch strap. Of course, this restriction does not apply for outings ashore.
- Make sure to bring along enough warm, preferably windproof clothes. We have enough storage aboard, so be prepared for the more chilly moments.
- Rainproof clothing can be useful for brief showers if you don’t want to shelter inside the boat.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and your favourite sun lotion. You will tan faster out on the water than ashore!
- Shoes with soft soles have the best grip aboard and are advisable. You can bring your stiletto heels for outings ashore, but they are not allowed to be worn aboard.
- If you have a medical condition (such as epilepsy, diabetes, heart disease or a serious allergy) please report to the skipper before departure. He may need this information in case of emergency. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
- If you are sensitive for motion sickness, make sure to eat well before departure and consider to take something for travel sickness (we also have medication on board). Do not drink alcohol.
- You can bring along your photo camera, mobile phone and purse, but secure it or put it away in the saloon while sailing. There haven’t gone a lot of things over the side, but we don’t think it’s likely your possessions will resurface once they have disappeared into the water…
- Smoking aboard is not permitted.
- Every passenger is responsible for his/her own luggage (in case of theft or loss). It is forbidden to bring smuggled goods and illegal substances (such as drugs and weapons) on board the yacht.
- There is free parking space at Regattacenter Medemblik.
- Call us (Hans +31615052799 or Lilias +31610283631) when you are near the harbour. We will help you find the right pontoon and our berth!
- You can find the address of the harbour and the route from your location on our contact page.
- Bring along your pasport or ID-card. Authorities can ask for it, and we sometimes need it for a passengers list.
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by mail or phone!
- CORONA UPDATE: If you have any symptoms that could indicate an infection with the COVID-19 virus and/or tested positive for COVID-19 please stay at home. Together with you we’ll find another date to welcome you aboard Saila!